The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Saturday, March 10, 2012

How to Turn your Dining Room into a Sewing Room

Just relaxin' on a Saturday. Right.....

So today there were a couple of little things on my agenda,

1) I committed to making my daughter's Senior Prom formal gown, and I MUST get going big time on this if it's going to be ready in time.  I was regretting that I bought the supplies until I started cutting the bodice and it reminded me of two important reasons we are making the dress. She is a petite little gal and her size around the bodice doesn't match up with the neck to waist length so we always have problems getting a good fit.  Also, there are so many girls at her dances that she is always wearing the same dress as three other people and she wanted to be original.

2) It's time to buy the same chicky her first auto-mobile so she's asking me to look over her selections from her internet shopping.  Fortunately, she was at work most of the day so I had plenty of time to totally destroy my dining room by turning it into a sewing room for the remainder of the project.

I have my sewing "mess" in the guest bedroom upstairs. I have a desk that works for small sewing projects and mending.  But not for a floor length dress that will take up about half the bedroom.

So we hauled most of my stuff downstairs and now the dining room looks like this



It's actually not too bad but it's only been one day since I really got serious about turning this room into my sewing room - unless you count that I've had stuff to cut out the fabric lying there for a month. (I've been busy reading other people's blogs and writing my own)

So no eating at the dining table for the next month.  I doubt anyone around here will be too upset because the family room makes a really nice place to eat.  I guess we won't be playing cards or board games here for a few weeks either.  Oh well, added incentive to get this project done.

Thanks to those who are following my posts and those who have made comments lately. 

Hope you are having a relaxing weekend also,

Laura

Comments? Anyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember when you used to make dresses for me!