The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Pictures that make me Smile - The Hay Meadow


I have thousands of pictures, a lot of them taken before the age of digital.  I have a whole collection of favorite pictures.  They are frozen moments in time that capture the days, weeks and years of my life.  Most of them have the same subject - FAMILY and time spent together.

I would like to give them all names, like famous oil paintings.

I love everything about the picture below, but here are a few specific reasons

#1 It represents summer growing up on a farm

#2 I love the colors, the blue of the sky, the red and yellow, the shades of green.

# 3 I love my brother and his wife on the tractor, working together, one special ingredient of a good marriage

#4 I love my Mom and my sweet little niece (who turned 13 last month) forever frozen in time here at the age of four, walking back from the tractor after bringing the hay balers a cold drink.


The Hay Meadow, circa 2003
How blessed are we to have the gift of photography?
Wow! 
You can almost feel the heat and smell the fresh cut grass.



Live, Love, Laugh,

Laura

Comments? Anyone?

1 comment:

Dave said...

It made me smile!