The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Monday, May 7, 2012

Moongazing and The South Pacific

Why are weekends SO SHORT?  And there's always so much going on in those 2 short days.

This weekend my sweet neighbor invited me to drag all my junk over to her house and include it in her garage sale.  After a lot of sweat and effort we had very few customers but a lot of good conversation.  Also, two other great things resulted from our efforts -

#1- I donated a bunch of stuff to charity - it is GONE!  Awesome!! 

#2 - My neighbor, Dave B, smoked a rack of ribs and we had an impromptu neighbor's dinner for six and looked up at this....





It's hard to beat good food and laughter with your friends under a crazy big moon.  Especially when I just have to walk across the alley.  I made the Southwest Salad! Again.  I'm still not tired of that and it's so easy and quick!

I also got in the pool this weekend.  If you know me very well, you know I'm a warm water gal and I usually dip my toe in about June and go brrrr!  But the REALLY HOT 90 degree weather last week has warmed up the pool water to 82 degrees during the first week of May!  I'm counting the hours until the cold front comes in tonight and gives us some springtime temperatures for the rest of the week.

While I was hanging around the backyard, our baby cardinals decided it was time to jump out of the nest and I caught one of them sitting in a holly bush.



Hopefully he or she will look more like Mom


or Dad later on and get some nice colorful feathers



Sunday we made a one hour drive to the South Pacific. Actually, just a community theatre production of South Pacific starring my son and his beautiful bride!  Good job kiddos!


Lt. Genevieve Marshall and Lt. Joseph Cable
Also known as Michael and Chelsie

I also made some progress on the bedroom makeover project over the weekend.  Anyone know where I can get a brass drawer handle like this with 3.5" between the screw holes?



Well that covers a few hours of the weekend.  Where did the rest of it go?


Much Love & Laughter,

Laura


 Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

Maureen Wyatt said...

The moon was amazing that night! What a great weekend you had and I'm sure the play was the highlight. ~ Maureen