The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Salsa, Chips, Guacamole, Heaven

Some of my FAVORITE foods are the simplest things in the world to make.  Like Guacamole. 

I could honestly eat chips, salsa and guacamole for a meal, say lunch, every day.  I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get tired of this for a long, long time. And a cheese quesadilla on the side doesn't hurt.




A friend told me one day about how long she spend making guacamole for our Bunco gathering.  I was shocked because my guacamole takes 5 minutes to make!  Now her guacamole was good, but that's not necessary to do all that chopping, in my opinion.

Here's my "secret" ingredient.




If you don't know about Joe T's Salsa, I'm sorry.  Maybe we can only buy it here in Texas.  If you don't have a source, find a good fresh salsa where you live or order it online.  http://joets.com/

Guacamole

Scoop out the insides of 2 avocados and mash lightly with a fork
Drain as much liquid as possible from 2 to 3 Tablespoons of salsa

Mix the drained salsa with the avocado,
The juice from a lime,
A little bit of chopped fresh cilantro, and
A sprinkle or two of Bolner's Fiesta Brand Fajita Seasoning 

Enjoy with your favorite chips.  There are mine.  I always buy two.



This is a staple in my kitchen, I put it on almost everything that I cook.



Photo Credit

 To "make" my special salsa that I serve with chips,  I mix the Joe T. Garcia's medium in equal parts with Jack's Special Salsa (which I buy from Costco.)  The Jack's is SO fresh, like homemade, but is a little sweet for me. So I mix it with the Joe T's, add a little fresh cilantro and I'm all set. (and I only  had to chop the cilantro)

Photo Credit

I keep this on hand, just in case I'm out of fresh limes
and it is super anytime you need lime juice.


Photo Credit


I need some lunch!


Happy Tuesday,

Laura

Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

Eclectically Vintage said...

My hubs makes a mean guac (but does all that boring chopping)! I will have to show him this - he'll love it!

So glad you stopped by so I could find you. It was destiny - you see, we both have toe rings! I assume those are your feet lazing happily by the beach?!

Happy to be a toe ring wearing follower.
Kelly

Sooner Laura said...

Hey, Kelly! Yes, my toes, my toe ring! Is it okay to wear one on each foot? Cause I have two cuties and want to wear them both. Right now they are off cause I was wearing sneakers and I've broken one leaving it on with the sneakers so I try to remember not to do that anymore. Click on the toes picture and it will take you to info on the awesome hotel and beautiful beach. (I don't get paid so I can say that, it's just a link I set up because I love the CRT). If my husband wants to make guac he can do it anyway he wants - lucky you!