The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Thursday, December 13, 2012

All Through the House - A Tree Tour

I like LOVE Christmas trees.  The lights, the memories, the feeling of Christmas.  There's nothing else like it.  So I have a lot of trees because I have a lot of ornaments collected over the 33 years of my marriage.  At least that's the story I'm going with or maybe I just like a little Christmas in (almost) every room of the house.  Most of the trees are small, so they are easy to put up and easy to put in storage.  I only have one "big" tree.  The living room tree is 9 or 10 feet tall and decorating it takes as long as all the other trees put together.

So here's a tour of our Christmas trees

Our Living Room Tree


Our Family Room Tree - this tree has a country feel and contains mostly unbreakable ornaments.  Most of the ornaments were on our tree when my children were young and we didn't own any breakable ornaments.  Lots more memories here including the angel that we bought for our tree in 1982!  This tree is about 4 feet tall and sits on top of my antique school desk.  I love love LOVE the branches on this pretty tree, very realistic I think.



Our master bedroom tree is topped with copper bows and filled with more ornaments collected on our journey.  The lights go off shortly after I climb into bed.  sigh


Our master bathroom tree is decorated with seashells and topped with a metal starfish.  Beside it sits one of my oldest nativity sets.


Our baby girl's tree.  We put it on the stair landing this year on a table covered with white crushed velvet and surrounded it with white tulle and silver beads. Girlie!


Our disco ball tree sits in the long hallway. Doesn't everyone have a disco ball tree? Santa and Rudolph are also there.  This wooden sleigh and reindeer is another piece in my collection of "things made by Dad" along with my stable.


Our guest bath has a little Christmas tree nightlight.



Our dining room tree is a Pfaltzgraff Christmas Tree cookie jar sitting on a metal cake stand and topped with a handmade crocheted angel.


Our downstairs guest room tree belongs to my son, if he ever wants to take it to his house.  The ornaments all belong to him, many have his name painted on them.  I love the little Santa hat on top - that belongs to me, he can get his own tree topper!


Our kitchen tree is a vintage ceramic tree made by ME!  My Mom & I made four trees in the 70s for her house, my house and one for each of my sisters.  Another crocheted angel ornament sits on top of this tree.


And just because they're cute I have my Pfaltzgraff Holiday Spice salt & pepper shakers on a table in the living room. Does this count as a tree?  Probably not!


And I think that's it! 

Except for my Office Tree. Since I spend 8 hours a day at work I must have a tree at my desk along with a stocking made from a vintage quilt and my rapping Santa Claus.



I share some tree decorating tips here.

Merry Christmas!

Laura


  Follow Me on Pinterest

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm feeling extremely inadequate lol!!!
But I have that same night light tree in my kitchen!!!
Love all your trees ( your daughter's is precious :)
XOX

Maureen Wyatt said...

You are a true tree hugger! Love them all.

The Single Nester said...

My mom made a similiar tree too! And you know I love that turquoise fabric!

Pamela said...

Love all your trees! Thanx for sharing them with us at THT.