The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Friday, December 21, 2012

An Old Fashioned Family Christmas and Other Stuff

My Christmas/Anniversary/Birthday/New Year's 
celebrations start TODAY and continue
through January 1st.  





My in-laws are coming for the weekend and my kids will be home Saturday for our day of Christmas food and fun. 

My husband and I were married on December 27th so my wedding anniversary is next week.  I have something small and special planned for that evening (after we work 'til 5:00 pm sigh).  By the time we get through Thanksgiving and Christmas and make it to our anniversary, neither want of us want to eat anything rich or heavy.  We usually have a nice date night in January.


One of my good friends is turning the BIG 5-0 on December 29th.  (don't tell her I said so, she thinks turning 50 is bad) Unfortunately I will miss her party, it is the same day that I will be back home celebrating a crazy good old fashioned family Christmas with the clan.  So I'm going to miss her party, but she and I will celebrate together when possible. 

That's one great thing about special occasions - they are aren't tied to a day - you can celebrate any day your heart is full of JOY.



I most likely won't be blogging for several days, maybe a week, I have no definite plan. I'll be "not" busy hanging out with people I love and celebrating the birth of our Savior so I may not turn on the home computer very often between today and January 1st. (I will be working a few days, so I'll have to turn on my WORK computer, I suppose)  I'm excited about a new year - a year full of promise and blessings for my family and hopefully yours also.

Hope, Joy and Peace to you.


 





Laura


  Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Congrats on the upcoming anniversary! You do have a lot going on right now!

Enjoy your time away and the Reason for the Season!

Merry Christmas!

Maureen Wyatt said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! It's been a true pleasure getting to know you this year!