The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

California Adventure - Santa Cruz


Day Four - Our original plan was San Francisco but due to a big event going on in SF, we changed our plans and headed for Santa Cruz.  I had never been to an amusement park on a boardwalk before and it was awesome! And exhausting.

Standing in line in moderate temperatures with ocean breezes sure beats standing in line in Texas when it's 100 degrees!  I had mostly given up on amusement parks but SuperDave and I joined Colleen on the rides at Santa Cruz to prove we are still fun (in spite of our old age)!



This sky tram from one end of the boardwalk to the other was one of my favorite rides - for the view and the steps it saved my poor tired feet. I think we rode it THREE times.



Out on the pier, these guys posed for a picture!




And of course, so did the baby girl!



We had a great lunch on the pier and did some shopping.



We admired this sand art.



We rode the Giant Dipper, The Undertow and The Double Shot!



The Giant Dipper opened in 1924!



We ate apple pie funnel cakes.




At the end of the day, finally, the young one was as exhausted as the older ones and we headed for our hotel in Monterey. I had to take this picture because I loved the "Hot Rides" sign over our Mustang convertible.



If you ever have the opportunity, I would recommend a visit to Santa Cruz. It was a great day and we enjoyed every minute. Except the Haunted Castle, the line was too long and the ride was not so great, especially if you are wearing your prescription sunglasses. We should have rode the Cliff Hanger instead.  Oh well, next time!

Much love and laughter,

Laura


  Follow Me on Pinterest



No comments: