The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Friday, September 5, 2014

California Adventure - The Wildlife

Before you think anything else, I am sure you'll notice the pictures below and know what kind of wildlife I am talking about.  The 3rd full day of our trip we relaxed and spent the day at "home" with family.  These pictures were actually taken throughout our trip over morning coffee on the patio, evening dinner on the patio, and near the end when we celebrated Independence Day with an annual family picnic on the patio and all over the lawn.  

My cousin and her husband graciously gave us a couple of beautiful bedrooms for the many nights we stayed in the Sacramento area. Since returning home to north Texas I've greatly missed the cool night breeze that comes in through the windows. They have owned this home in one of the small communities that surround Sacramento proper for many moons.  It sits on a little less than one acre of land.  Their little piece of paradise is a sanctuary for wildlife in the middle of the city and gave my long lens a good workout. I rarely went out to the yard to relax without my 'good' camera. (aka not my phone)

I took this shot out the window of our bedroom.  You can see the outdoor kitchen/patio area built by my cousin's husband. To the left you can also see the porch of the little house he built for his daughter and two grandsons. He's a talented guy for sure! 



Down below in the "orchard" area, the animals come and go at leisure.

Deer, skunks


squirrels,



birds,



more squirrels,



wild turkeys,



peek-a-boo deer,



thirsty (very smart) deer,



twin fawns,



Aren't they beautiful?



My cousin was not thrilled about these black and white visitors, there were 5 or 6 of them that wandered out of the woods!


SuperDave and I enjoyed our time with my Uncle Jim (my Dad's brother) and the rest of my Cali relatives.  I'm truly blessed to have a husband that loves my family.



We celebrated our Independence with food and fireworks!



This is the most complete shot I got of the family on our trip.  It's missing about six relatives (and a few dogs)




I hope you enjoy seeing the animals as much as we did.

Much love and laughter,


Laura


  Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Wow, Laura, what great shots of the wildlife! The skunks...well...that's another issue...lol! Looks like you have been having lots of fun!