The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Friday, December 19, 2014

Christmas Throughout the Home

My husband likes to tell people I decorate the entire house, every room, for Christmas.  And for the most part that is true. But I'm not going to show you every tree in the house today.  I have a small one in the guest bedroom, another on the stair landing, one in the master bedroom, one in the master bath, one in the family room.  You get the idea.  And that's not counting the ceramic one in the kitchen, the Pfaltzgraff cookie jar or the little Christmas tree lamp in the guest bathroom.

But it looks a lot like Christmas in almost every room of our home.

There's the mantle in the not formal living room.



Where the stocking are hung by the chimney with care. 
But the nativity is the focal point.


The not formal dining room is joyful and fun.  I call them not formal because there are no formal rooms in our house, just comfortable ones.


My decorating style is eclectic for sure, a collection of things I love.
Bright, shiny and sparkling things that I love!



The true meaning of Christmas is front and center as you step into the foyer.



I added an ivory and gold ribbon to the stair garland this year.  
It says, Holy One, Good Shepherd, Son of God, etc.



I put our vintage homemade stockings along the staircase because I bought new ones for the living room last year that hold more goodies and match the tree skirt.



The breakfast room is ready for guests with the cross stitch table cloth that was a gift from my Mom, a tray that was a gift from a neighbor many years ago and these beautiful silver deer that I adore. And more Joyful wishes.



Our family room tree is filled with some of the oldest ornaments we own. Many of them are from the years when my kids were small and nothing breakable was on the tree. Except this porcelain angel that I've had on a tree in our house since the early 1980s, but she was up high so little hands couldn't reach her.



I've even got my desk at work decorated for Christmas! 
After all, I spend 40 hours a week here.


I hope you all have a blessed and joyful Christmas filled with love and family.

Joy to the World!

Laura


  Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

The Clay Trowel said...

Oh don't laugh Laura, but if you get this comment TWICE it's because even though I've been blogging for years, technical stuff is still not my friend! Just wanted to stop by and wish you a wonderful 2015! I loved the stockings hanging on the stairs - super cute.

See you around :-)