The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Decking the Halls

My Christmas decorating is done, as usual I have decked the halls and then some! The last two things were the train around the big tree and the angel on top.  Since I couldn't reach, that had to wait until SuperDave was feeling better after shoulder surgery.  It is done and that's a good thing since it's December 17th!




Most of the Christmas decorating didn't change much this year.  The same decorations, in mostly the same arrangement. It sparkles and glows and makes my heart happy just the same.







I showed you our master bedroom tree a few days ago.  I added something new in the master bedroom this year - winter bedding.  I bought myself an early present of flannel sheets  and duvet cover by Eddie Bauer.  This bed is very snugly on a cold winter night, it will definitely make you say Merry Christmas to all and to all a GOOD NIGHT!



I LOVE red and was worried about finding something red that would work in our bedroom with the blue walls.  But I found this flannel red and cream plaid that has a light blue stripe and it's perfect!  It really makes the bedroom look 'dressed' for Christmas! I got inspired by Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch and her beautiful plaid bedding. Now on my project list for my Christmas break is a dust ruffle for our bed.  Your can see her gorgeous bedroom here.  


It makes me want stay to stay in bed until 10 a.m. everyday!  Okay, maybe I already wanted to do that, but this makes my bed even more inviting on a cold winter morning.  If I only had a fireplace in the bedroom....with a remote control.

Enter the master bath and you'll find the room of my home where my beach obsession is indulged year round.  This year I added two ornaments to the tree I always decorate with shells I picked up on the beach.  I got two new ornaments in Santa Cruz on vacation and they were perfect for this tree.  I also couldn't resist this nutcracker sporting his swim trunks and bare feet with his bucket of shells and umbrella drink. 



I'm thinking about adding some sand around his feet so he can have his toes in the sand at Christmas time, even if I can't!  Oh well, I can have my toes my the fire while I sit by the beautiful Christmas tree and that's wonderful too.

Merry Christmas,

Laura


  Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Laura, your tree looks so pretty! Love your bedding, too! I can imagine not wanting to get up, especially with the cold weather we've had today! I hope you're enjoying the season!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

You mean we're not supposed to always sleep to 10:00? Drat! That's the best part of flannel bedding, we can sleep in and totally blame it on the bed! :)
I love your new plaid bedding, Laura! It's so perfect for the fall/winter season. I love the mix of pillows, too/ The "Believe" pillow is absolutely adorable, the perfect touch of whimsy. Definitely pinning this to my Tartan board!