The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Friday, March 6, 2015

Team Sanders

SuperDave and I were working on a project recently and I jokingly called us "Team Sanders". I kinda like it and we do so many projects together that I think I'll keep it!  We've always made a great team, I've got ideas and he's got skills.

We both grew up with DIY parents. Our parents were born in the 1930's and people of that generation didn't hire much work done. I was raised on a farm and the only things we didn't do ourselves were major doctor visits plus my dad would call a vet for a sick horse or cow. My Dad even gave our cows some type of vaccinations, he had a syringe so big you could see the hole in the end.  I didn't want to be close to that big "shot needle" when I was a kid.  I crawled under the house with Dad for plumbing work and onto the roof when new shingles were installed. I handed my dad tools when he worked on trucks, cars, or tractors.  I fetched glasses of cold tea and bologna and cheese sandwiches on white Wonder bread with mustard.  I was well trained.

My own kids didn't get in on as much of that growing up because I was usually the one helping their SuperDad and handing him the tools. He likes me around when he's working, even when I'm only there for moral support.  Years ago, our neighbor was talking to me about her husband and she said, "You guys do everything together".  I  was startled!  I had no idea we were being watched, observed and envied. We've always been an awesome team in work or play.  I think it builds a strong marriage, and we do plenty of both.

In 2015 we are opting for a "staycation" so we can tackle some expensive projects around the  house.  Some projects on our list this year are:

Painting the kitchen cabinets and adding glass to some cabinet doors (more pics when finished) I'm a little nervous about painting my own cabinets, advice anyone? My island turned out great, but I think the black covered easier than white. This project is going to take me a while.





Cleaning out the garage and trashing some stuff

Cleaning out some closets and donating some stuff

Replacing the upstairs water heater (we're going to hire some help on this one)

Replacing the bathtub, tile and vanity in the upstairs bathroom.  Hallelujah! 
Goodbye to this mess!  
We had it "professionally" re-glazed and the guy was a scam artist!




Painting an upstairs bedroom

Painting the downstairs guest bedroom

After that, we will see how it's going, just reading the list makes me want to float in the pool with a cold drink.  And I'll be doing my share of that for sure

Once all the ice and snow is gone!





Team Sanders is pretty good at relaxing, but usually not until the work is done.

Much love and laughter,

Laura


  Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

Dave said...

Chest bump, first bump, blow it up, booyah!!! That's how this SuperTeam rolls!!